Thursday 5 April 2012

Dear Readers.
I feel I owe you all an apology.
My last published article was last Saturday and I bet you've all been wondering where on earth I've got to? Ooo, vain cow!
Well, I was putting the bins out on Sunday night when this gentleman pulled right up my drive and began to ask me the directions to Dickies Meadow.
I was just bending down to adjust my tights when he grabbed me by my platex and bundled me into the back of the car.
Next thing I know i wake up in a strange bed, handcuffed to the chamber pot with two wild, staring eyes looking down upon my modesty.
Turns out it was one of my most avid fans, Sir Billy Hymalaya of the Nepalese Mounted Police, who just wanted to get to know me a little better.
I said that I was flattered but strapping my feet to a plank of wood and beating it with a lump hammer to the rhythm of 'friggin in the riggin' by the Sex Pistols was not best policy to win the heart of a ladies affections.
Suffice to say that I eventually talked him round to letting me go once I'd agreed that he could ride me around his paddock whilst feeding from a nose bag.
He's just dropped me back home not half an hour ago and I'm just running him a hot bath whilst I slip into something a little more........comfortable. Think I'm for the high jump later.
Anyway, normal service shall be resumed tomorrow and tonight I would like to leave you with a pop quiz with a twist. I'll provide the answers later on in the week.
Happy Easter, and may we all be at it like rabbits!
Dreary. x

A Very Dreary Music Quiz.

Q1: Brotherhood of mans songwriter had a weird hobby, collecting urine samples. This inspired him to create one of their biggest hits.
 
 
Q2: Which popular hit by the jam was inspired by young public school boys who gorged themselves from the sweet trolley?
 
Q3: Which Sweet hit was inspired by eating a minted Sunday roast in a teepee?
 
 
 
Q4: The seaside fairy tale of the pebbles on the beach has remained in the hearts of children for centuries, especially that very naughty one who didn’t do as the other pebbles did.
Which David Bowie hit was inspired by this classic tale?
 
 
 
Q5: Which 1968 George Harrison tune was actually the brainchild of his master baker father one morning as he greeted the arrival of the first newly baked barm cake of the day?



Q6: Once upon a time there was a family of small fruit. Daddy fruit worked in the local bank whilst mummy fruit looked after the day to day runnings of the house.
They had three children. Two grew up to be successful in their chosen careers, one a teacher, the other an accountant.
The third, an equally intelligent and loving little berry took a different path through life.
He dressed rather hip and cool and sometimes smoked weed. He travelled extensively, hung out with artistic, musical types, often sleeping rough along the way. He now runs a rescue centre for reject berries who are no use in ribena for example.
What Queen hit was inspired by this adorable, ancient little fable?

Q7: The local insect population of a small Northern fishing town were up in arms over the week-end. They were protesting over a government white paper that basically gives tax exemption on the pollination of all flowers by the local bee fraternity.
One local at the scene of todays rally said it was a disgrace. The bees are being given free reign to pollinate free of charge. It’s a licence to print money for those buzzy little bastards!
What Dire Straits hit has since become the anthem of revolt against those freeloading bumbles?
 
 
Q8: Noddy had a dark secret. He often visited the basement of Hoytie Toyties and changed in to his favourite uniform. He then invited his comrades to?
 
 
 
Q9: Elkie Brookes famously sang a song about her best mate who insisted on going to wife swapping parties. Name the tune.
 
 
 
Q10: Which song did Jerry Lee Lewis write about his admiration of Robins’ favourite clergyman’s swonnicles?
 
 
Q11: Mr Bumble the bee keeper was shocked when he noticed his bees refused to go back in their bee house. They said it was haunted and they kept hearing the house speak to them. Mr Bumble called in the exorcist.
What Bee Gees hit was inspired by this national news article?

2 comments:

  1. A1 Piss Bubbles
    A2 Dirty Shorts
    A3 My yurt am blurt
    A4 Beowulf
    A5 LSD
    A6 Jerusalem
    A7 Up Against The Wall
    A8 Lick his ankles and whistle "Dixie"
    A9 Rocket in my pocket
    A10 Bollocks
    A11 The Austrian National Anthem

    What's the prize meestah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! For a moment I thought the article was about me. However,it's somebody with a very similar name but SPELT DIFFERENTLY.

    ReplyDelete