Thursday 4 June 2015

Shag

Dear Dreary.
Over the last few months i have kept myself busy in the production and cultivation of a new rug. I was extremely proud of my creation, extending and manicuring it with care and dedication. It is deep but yielding to the touch,but with defined edges and is an alluring shade of crimson. I keep it in what has been something of a void between the front and back. My partner Monty however, on his recent return from a tour of duty in Afghanistan, declared it to be opld fashioned and slightly musty. He says he now prefers a minimalistic appearance. What should I do?
Regards,
Davina McFlurry, Axminster.


My dear Davina.
It's always a wise move to have some form of rug down in your passage between front and back. It's bound to take a bit of a beating too what with a constant southerly wind blowing in from the back coupled with a persistent drizzle from your leaking vestibule.
I'd certainly be looking to have it insured. The chances of a stubborn stain upon your pile is quite high also. And if 'friends' insist on traipsing around the back then your shag shall be dulled very quickly indeed.
If Monty is unhappy with the way that you present your hallway then pull the rug from under his feet and send him packing!
Dreary.

No comments:

Post a Comment