Wednesday 10 April 2013

Dear Dreary.
I am a single woman of, lets say, certain years. I have been experiencing problems with my front bell for some time. It has been working only intermittently for years, but now seems to have stopped ringing altogether. I find that this has gradually resulted in fewer and fewer gentlemen callers, to the point where nobody comes to my front at all now.
Even the milkman has stopped deliveries. Is there an easy remedy, or should I, given my age, be considering viable alternatives? I could consider clearing out my back garden to make access possible from the rear, but have no previous experience in this area. Do you think it would be worth the trouble? I know a handyman who may be willing to help.
Yours, Miss Fanny Dust.

My dear Miss Dust.
Perhaps you might consider opening up your front, making it wider, more spacious and ultimately more appealing to any prospective callers.
You may also consider 'knocking through' front to back to create a bigger space. Somewhere to park that bike!
If your hanging baskets are doing what it says on the tin, so to speak, you may wish to perk them up with some baby bio and some thing to support your sagging bulbs.
Your trailing labilia is sadly a sign of your age, however, a stiff, hardy perennial should soon put a smile back on your face.
I do know there are plenty of gentlemen who would love to put an extension up around your back end. Once a stable erection is in place there would be no stopping a reputable handyman slapping a good trowels worth around your drain pipe and widening your options!
All the best, Dreary. x

No comments:

Post a Comment